Selling A House in Central Oregon
So, you’re ready to sell your home! Congratulations, you’ve come to the right place. The Skjersaa Group belongs to one of the strongest real estate brokerages in the area. We have great confidence in our brand and you can too. We’re proud to be a sales associates for a company that demands excellence from its agents at every level.
We have established a rock-solid reputation for impeccable customer service and marketing strategies. When you entrust the sale of your home to us, you are putting your faith in our entire network of experts in:
• Real estate sales
• Real estate purchases
• Loan processing
One of the most important things the Skjersaa Group can offer you is buyer confidence. Because we have a wide network of buyer sales associates, we have access to many motivated buyers who trust their agents to find their dream homes.
Our managers and their sales associates work hard to keep their fingers on the pulse of the real estate market, noting fluctuations and corrective strategies that make your home sellable in any market. We can help you assess fair market value and decide how to price your home to sell with the best possible advantage to you.
Relax. We’ve covered all of your bases. As Realtors®, we are confident our team can find the right buyer for your home.
SERVICES PROVIDED TO REPRESENT THE INTERESTS OF HOME SELLERS
To save your time, minimize your stress, provide maximum security and help assure you net the greatest possible equity; the Skjersaa Group will perform the following services for you, the home seller.
- Prepare an objective analysis of your home and the current market.
- Provide counsel as to your best pricing strategy.
- Provide value enhancing home preparation advice.
- Supply my name and sign, which provides quality professional positioning.
- Provide thorough promotion of your home to find your best Buyer.
- Help assure that your potential Buyers are well qualified to purchase your home.
- Help identify and communicate your home’s valuable benefits to the potential Buyers.
- Counsel other Agents when showing your home to encourage the prospective Buyers to buy now.
- Review all offers in detail and provide negotiation representation of your interests.
- Provide assistance in obtaining financing to the Buyers or their Agents as needed.
- Coordinate the closing of your sale with other Realtors, Lenders, Inspectors, Appraisers, Attorneys, Escrow Officers, and Title Insurance companies.
- Provide on-going personal communication to keep you informed on the step-by-step progress of the sale of your home.
- Provide post-sale follow-up to assure your total satisfaction.
We may or may not be the people who will directly produce the buyer for your home, but we will be the people who will cause your home to sell and personally represent you in the process. You can’t get these services from us unless we are your team who is hired to represent your personal interests in the sale of your home.
You have much to gain and little to lose by hiring the Skjersaa Group. If you don’t receive an acceptable written agreement to purchase your home, you owe us nothing.
The most important decision when selling your home is the selection of the person you choose to represent you. The job of your Sales Associate is to support you in selling your home with the best possible terms and to aid you through the entire process. Your Sales Associate will explain the process of selling a home, and familiarize you with the various activities, documents and procedures that you will experience throughout the transaction.
TIPS FOR SELECTING AN AGENT:
Your Real Estate Professional should be:
- Aware of the complicated local and state requirements affecting your transaction.
- Effective in multi-party, face-to-face negotiations
- Highly-trained, with access to programs for continued learning and additional certifications
- Resourceful in attracting the largest possible pool of potential buyers.
- Knowledgeable in the technology resources that facilitate the transaction.
- Assisted by a fully-staffed marketing department.
- Supported by professional legal counsel.
- Developed a marketing strategy
TIPS FOR PREPARING YOUR HOME:
- In order to sell your home quickly with the best possible terms, it’s necessary to prepare your home for the market. This process includes:
- Deciding when to put your home on the market
- Establishing a strategic price based on recent comparable sales, local market conditions and your motivation to sell
- Estimating probable net proceeds
- Advising you on how to make your home more appealing to potential buyers.
MARKETING YOUR PROPERTY:
- Ordering a “FOR SALE” sign to be placed prominently on your property.
- Installing a lock box to make it easy for agents to show your home.
- Submitting your home to the regional Multiple Listing Service for immediate exposure to the real estate community.
- Arranging Sales Associates in the area to tour the home.
- Developing a flyer/brochure highlighting the features and benefits of your home.
- Promoting your home at the appropriate Association(s) of Realtors’ for maximum exposure to other cooperating agents.
- Holding open houses when appropriate.
- Contacting your neighbors to promote the property.
- Advertising your property during our regular office meetings.
- Featuring your property on our web site.
- Asking clients and colleagues if they know of possible buyers.
MANAGING THE TRANSACTION:
You’ll appreciate having a strong advocate on your side during the transaction! Negotiating the Offer,Your Sales Associate will immediately present and explain all offers to you. You will be able to accept, reject, or counter any offer presented. During the negotiation process, your Associate will leverage their experience and skills to advocate your interests:
- Reviewing the contract and obligations before you sign.
- Explaining how contingencies and release clauses work.
- Protecting you from signing a “blank check” for unknown problems or repairs.
- Defining legal disclosure requirements.
- Orchestrate the offer process for “back-up” offers, if necessary.
Throughout the negotiation, your Sales Associate will provide you with a professional, objective point of view; but the final decision of accepting an offer is yours. Once an offer is accepted, your Sales Associate will manage all the details to make the process as stress-free and efficient as possible:
- Staying in contact with the buyer’s agent to ensure a smooth escrow.
- Following up on the progress of the buyer’s loan.
- Monitoring all contingency removal deadlines.
- Assisting you if a conflict with the buyer arises.
- Finalizing and Closing the Transaction
Finalizing the process includes reviewing all closing documents and ensuring both parties have copies. When the transaction has closed, your Sales Associate will deliver the closing check to you and the keys to the new owner.