If you’ve been thinking about selling your home, yourself, read this first.
By Jason Boone
Over the last few years we’ve seen the Real Estate industry evolve in many ways including the use of mobile devices and the Internet which has made buying and selling homes easier.
Most Real Estate agents in 2014 assume home buyers will already have been searching for homes online, and know what they want in a home.
This leads to the important question of are buyer’s agents still necessary in the modern Real Estate industry? The short answer is yes and here are a few reasons why.
You Need Accurate Information
For starters, if you’re buying a home in Bend Oregon or elsewhere in the United States you can’t always rely on outdated or partial information which is many times being reported online by even the best websites like Trulia, Zillow or Activerain.
Experience Pays Off
An experienced buyer’s agent will have access to the latest and most up to date information on homes for sale in Bend and across the United States via the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) and they will also do the following for you:
- Be your advisor and advocate during your home buying process.
- Uncover what your real needs and or wants are in the home you are searching for.
- Educate you on the current market conditions
- Help you find a home which covers all of the things you are looking for while dealing with the realities of the marketplace and your financial constraints.
- Research homes for sale in the area you want to move to plus search through all active listings then make suggestions on homes which might interest you based on your requirements or needs.
- A well-qualified Real Estate agent will also help you achieve your lifestyle needs while staying within your budget.
- After helping you search for homes we will help you narrow down your search and choose a home which matches everything you are searching for in your dream home.
- Once we’ve helped you select the home you really want we will help you manage the highs and lows of the negotiation process plus the preparation of the forms which are necessary to make an offer on the home and possible counter offer.
- As we get to the end of your home buying journey we will help you with any oversight and possible follow up inspections which are necessary plus provide you with council on how to handle repairs to your home or property.
- At the end of the home buying process we will be there at closing with you to insure your interests are protected and the home buying process goes smoothly for you.
More than Guardians of the Information
In the past Realtor’s have been seen mostly as “guardians” of information regarding homes for sale in Bend or elsewhere in Central Oregon.
Our real job is to help you understand and evaluate homes for sale in the area and then present the best property or home information to you so purchase a home which will meet all of your needs and be a place you will love to live for years to come.
To learn more about how Real Estate Agents can help you, or to view homes for sale in the area contact me, Jason Boone, Principal Broker at Duke Warner Realty | Skjersaa Group by calling me at (541) 383-1426 or by emailing me at Jason@sgbend.com.